To make the student familiar with the fundamentals of Python
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to
Produce quality code that can be used in a wide variety of circumstances.
Understand complex data types and the best ways to perform operations on them.
Write programs for general purposes
1. Introduction to Python
2. Python Language Overview: Python Syntax, Python Reserved Words, Variable Usage, Predicates, Operators.
3. Tools: IDLE
4. Data Types: Numeric Types, Floating Point Numbers, Strings, Sequences, Advanced Type.
5. Control Flow: Conditionals and Loops
6. Input and Output: User Input, User Output, File Input, File Output, Closing Files
Positioning in Files, Directories and Files, The Stat Module, File Statistics Command Line Arguments, Pickle
7. Functions and Modules
8. Exception Handling
9 Object-Oriented Programming: Classes and Objects in Python
10. The Python Library, The GUI — TkInter, The Web Server—Apache
11. Working with Databases
12. Python and Graphics