To make the student familiar with the fundamentals of spread sheets with special focus on Microsoft Excel and VBA
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to
Use Microsoft Excel effectively
Produce quality VBA code that can be used in a wide variety of circumstances.
Understand complex data types and the best ways to perform operations on them.
- Introduction to Spreadsheets: Basics of Microsoft Excel other spreadsheets.
- Introduction to the Visual Basic for Applications
- The Excel Object Model: The Application Object, Workbooks and Worksheets, Ranges and Cells
- Advanced VBA: Manipulating Data with VBA, Formatting Excel, Creating Add-Ins and
COM Add-Ins, Understanding and Using Events, Manipulating Files, Developing Class
- Manipulating Excel Objects: Charts, PivotTables and Pivot Charts, Command Bars,
Customizing Dialog Boxes
- Creating User Forms, Creating Advanced User Forms
- Excel and the Outside Applications: Excel and Other Office
Applications, Excel and the Structured Query Language, Introducing ADO, Excel Query Program, Excel and the Web, Excel and the Extensible Markup Language (XML)